Saturday, November 22, 2014

now presenting: kels and wedding bells!

Hi loves! It's been awhile but I hope you haven't forgotten about me =) November has been a busy month, but I have to say, it is exceeding my expectations this year. What I thought was going to be a low key 28th birthday turned out to be one of the best birthday weekends ever. My best friend, Jordan {of trendingcheaply -see, remember I told you before how amazing she is!!} and my super hunky boyfriend threw me a surprise party at Jack Rose Libation House, in Los Gatos. I was completely shocked and had such an amazing evening enjoying delicious cocktails and homemade brownies with an even more amazing group of people. I've never had a surprise party before, so this meant the world to me - to have all my closest friends and family there brought tears to my eyes {seriously, I cried}. 

at my surprise party with my beautiful mama and sister
I already knew that my birthday gift to myself this year was to give my blog a much needed facelift. After some research and lots of time spent on etsy, I discovered a shop that had just what I was looking for. I don't have much experience with HTML and CSS or all that jazz, (except, I have to admit that going through this process really gave me some myspace flashbacks) so the task seemed pretty daunting. But, I did it and I am so in love with the outcome. It is still a work in progress and I think it always will be because I am a perfectionist and I'm sure I will keep adding/editing/updating as time goes on, but for now, I'm really happy and I hope you enjoy my new and improved blog! There are some sections still under construction, but take a look around - I hope you like what you see :)

Now, let's also talk about the best birthday gift ever from my creative and thoughtful big sis. How cute are these?! 



Since I am still in the beginning stages, these cards, although simple, are perfect just so that I have a way of getting my information to the right people!

A close up of the pen, which is engraved with "Like a Boss". She knows me so well.


With my new collection, I knew my blog had to be just as fancy as my new business cards, pen and monogrammed card holder!

You have probably also noticed by now that I decided to change the name of my blog. I am still playing around with different names for my {fingers crossed}future company and if I want to use kels and wedding bells or kelly.elissa events. I love the ring to kels and wedding bells but I also think using my name is the smart thing to do and it also doesn't restrict my company name to just weddings. For now this will just be the name of my blog until I come to my final decision; I don't want to rush and really want to take my time to figure out what I like best. What are your thoughts? I would love to hear what you think so please leave a comment below on what name you like! I would also like to hear your feedback on my blog layout. Any advice or suggestions are greatly encouraged!




P.S. don't forget to subscribe to my blog via email so that you don't miss out on any future posts!

5 comments :