Tuesday, January 6, 2015

#goaldigger

This post is a few days late, but better late than never right? {maybe one of my goals should be working on my procrastination ... }

I never really do New Year's Resolutions because I feel like there is so much pressure put on them and for me personally, that just sets me up for failure. I tend to just set little goals for myself throughout the year, instead of just at the beginning of the year, but as I embark on my Wedding Planner journey, I thought it might be a good idea to put pen to paper and really focus on what I want to accomplish this year. So, here they are, my main GOALS for 2015:

{Complete my Wedding Planning Certification Course} 

 

{Reach out to more Wedding Planners in order to find work as an assistant}

 

{Attend more networking/industry events}

 

{Complete my branding & increase my social media presence}


and finally, 

{BLOG MORE CONSISTENTLY!!}

 

I am excited for what this year has to bring for me personally and professionally. My first day of class is January 17th and I can't wait to "go back to school". I am going to be that old lady with my new notebook and pens while everyone else is on their laptops. For some reason, taking notes on a laptop just isn't the same for me. I LOVE taking notes; in school I used to rewrite my notes if I felt they weren't neat enough. 

Just 6 days into the new year, I have also begun work on goal #2. Since my mentor, Christy, moved out of the state, I have been looking for other planners to work with as a day of assistant. Last night I had my first meeting with another bay area planner to discuss/schedule the weddings that I will be assisting her with this year. I am scheduled for 4 weddings in 2015 so far! Wooo! Will definitely be blogging about those events as they come along. I am really looking forward to gaining more hands on experience and working with different types of planners, and of course, sharing my experiences along the way. There is so much to learn and I am ready to soak it all in! I have big dreams and hopes for this year and could not be more excited for what is in store. 
 
What are some of your goals for this year? Would love to hear from you :)


XOXO
kels 

3 comments :

  1. 4 weddings already?? Get it GIRRRLL. Totally forgot you were meeting with her last night..texting you now lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it Kell, I know you will!!

    ReplyDelete